The Dakota Woodturners Club meets on the second Saturday of each month except for August which is our annual membership picnic. The Club meetings are held at the Bismarck State College Vo-tech Department Carpentry shop, 1200 College Drive, Bismarck, ND. Membership dues are $20.00 per year due on the 1st of January each year.
The Chapter’s purposes are in addition to supporting the general purposes of the AAW:
- Provide a meeting place for local woodturners
- Share techniques and ideas regarding the craft
- Trade wood
- Exchange ideas about tools
- Provide training and growth in the craft of woodturning
- To promote woodturning to the public by hold demonstrations and displays
The Chapter publishes a monthly newsletter, Sawdust & Shavings, which is mailed to members, prospective members and organizations that support the goals of the chapter. The newsletter contains the official record of the minutes for the membership and E-Board meetings. In addition various articles about woodturning and biographies of members are included in the newsletter along with schedules for upcoming events of interest to the members.